Invitation: Past & Present Prototypes
You are invited to a series of 3 workshops
A series of workshops to bring together industry, makers and Denmark’s Technical Museum, creating opportunity to learn from the past to inform and create the future. Using rapid prototyping and digital fabrication techniques, we combine makers and industry to explore a problem, ideate (through building) potential solutions, and use methods and tools to bring their concepts to life.
Who are you?
A maker, a C-level, a manager, an academic, a designer, an engineer, an R&D manager. Our ambition is to create space for industry and makers to meet and learn from each other. This event is Limited to 30 participants - several from each area.
The goal of this series is to create space for makers and industry to meet and exchange skills, methods and knowledge, and together, to explore a problem and create a solution; looking to the patent prototypes of Denmark’s Technical Museum for inspiration and innovation. You never know, a new product launch might just come out of this collaboration.
WORKSHOP 1 - Explore
The Danish Museum of Science & Technology
Fabriksvej 25, 3000 Helsingør
Tuesday, 18 November 2016 (12 - 17)
Workshop 2 - Engage (held at UNDERBROEN)
We build, using digital fabrication methods the concepts we created in Workshop 1. Here we have experts from the maker community to help create functional early prototypes.
- Building prototypes - using laser cutting, 3d printing, CNC milling.
- Iterative testing of prototypes
- Introduction to using rapid prototyping
- services (Cotter) and setting up a le and sending it for print
- An introduction to the tools of digital fabrication and urban production and the places to do this.
- Collaboration with makers / creatives / designers in these spaces
- How to iteratively build and test - from concept to prototype, to iteration, to new prototype
WORKSHOP 3 - Evolve
Venlighedsvej 4, 2970 Hørsholm
Monday, 5 December 2016, (12 - 17)